The new call for strategic supply chains and the scrolling of ranking list for already submitted programs is out
Following the signing of the Decree by the Minister of Enterprises and Made in Italy, Adolfo Urso, the resources envisaged by the 2023 Budget Law are allocated for refinancing Development Contracts.
Development Contracts are the main facilitation tool in order to support large scale productive, strategic and innovative investment programmes.
The Decree authorizes the scrolling of already submitted applications. In particular:
- 400 million euros for industrial, agro-industrial and environmental protection development contracts;
- 200 million euros for tourist activities development Contracts;
- 157 million euros for Programme Agreements and Development Agreements for productive or environmental protection investments.
The measure also provides for the opening of a new call, allocating over 390 million euros to support strategic productive chains for the development of the Country. In addition, this new initiative allows the financing of development programmes in the field of Temporary Framework Covid-19 in force until 2023.
As for the object, applications must concern industrial development programmes in the following fields:
- aerospace and aeronautics
- design, fashion and furniture
- metal and electro-mechanics
- chemical and pharmaceutical
- rubber and plastic
- food (excluding processing and marketing of agricultural products)
When submitted by more than one enterprise, admissible investment projects must be functional to the settlement or the enhancement of relevant productive chains. As for the investment projects submitted by a single enterprise, they must lead to positive effects for the other actors concerned of the productive chain.
The selection and evaluation of the programmes, which have the greatest impact on the economy of the territory and on the productive chain, grounds on the following criteria:
- positive effect on occupation, especially of qualified personnel;
- Innovation level in light of the acquisition of capital goods within the “Industry 4.0” framework;
- Involvement of small and medium-sized enterprises in the process.
Furthermore, applicant enterprises having legality rating or environmental certifications will benefit of advantageous and preferential criteria for the ranking.
The incentives and benefits, for which the concession will take place within the 31th of December 2023, will be provided exclusively in the form of a grant for equipment or direct contribution to expenditures.
The Decree will be effective following the completion of the registration procedure by the competent supervisory bodies.
For further information
- Development Contracts - Strategic Productive Chains (in Italian)